Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stand by your arteries

Sometimes I wonder about the state of humanity.  In an idle moment at the office, I did a search for leek soup.  This one caught my eye because it was titled Low Carb Cauliflower Leek Soup.  The intro suggests that this is "great for those watching their carbs or calories."  All was well until I reached the second ingredient: "three tablespoons butter."  Uh, that's about 300 calories right there.  The last ingredient is "1 cup heavy cream (optional)".  Heck, I'm sure relieved it's optional because that's gonna run you about 800 calories, Bubba. 

There's one commenter who says "I love this soup and have it for lunch nearly every day."  You might want to get your cholesterol checked, lady.  It may well be low carb, but there's one thing this soup is not, and that's low calorie. 

I'll have a side of angioplasty please ...

2 comments:

  1. umm wondering what the impact of all that cauliflower soup would be - must impact socialy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL good point! I hadn't even considered that aspect ...

    BTW love your art ... have bookmarked your website. Thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete